The Mission

In our nine years together Micah and I have never stayed in Kentucky for the holidays. We have always traveled to Oklahoma, Kansas, Pennsylvania, Maine, or New Jersey. Needless to say we are sad to not be spending the holidays with our extended families but we plan to make the 90 days between fall break and going back to school after New Years a very special time. JOIN US!!!!!!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm sure you've wondered

So what have I been up to while my computer isn't working (the problem is actually the screen which sporadically decides to go fuzzy), well I've been up to my elbows in crafty ideas :-)

First order of business was to find the boys Halloween costumes, I found them at the GAP outlet for $15 a piece and all I had to do was make Grey's pants a little longer with some scrap fabric (which turned out to be a pain in the ass b/c I first sewed the foot on backwards and then inside out).Gentry came home from school with the cutest little blue pumpkin that he painted so when he went down for a nap on Sat. Grey and I got out the glue gun, button stash, and some cute pumpkins that I got at the grocery and made a little "guy" to be the proud owner of Gentry's blue baby.


I spray painted the pumpkins that to boys picked up last week with a clear coat and put them up on the shelf (I love that they went for the really warty ones.)
Then I decided to make Micah and I a new stockings, we've had store bought ones for years but they just don't feel very festive. So I cut up some old damask curtains that I had in a closet. I cut up a red flannel shirt and plan to embroider the cuffs with our names and use the pockets to sew to the inside so we can tuck little love letters to each other in there. I haven't quite decided on the ribbon placement, but I've got a little time.
I liked the letter-in-a-pocket idea so much that I went back to the Goodwill and found a shirt with some cute pockets that I could attach to the boys stockings. I figure they can write a letter to Santa that he can read when he drops off their gifts :-)

I signed up for Megans apron swap back in Sept so I spent one afternoon making one and putting together my three fav. recipes. You can't see it in the pic but there is a cute sparkly cupcake on the bottom corner.


And while I was at it I put one together for my niece Madeline who will be visiting over Thanksgiving. The skirt fabric is this super cute Hello Kitty "green" print. I love it!

What else???? Well here's some of the wool sweater/skirts that I've collected to cut up and make Christmas crafts. The two scarves on the bottom left will be monogrammed for some special fellas, and I ADORE the tartan blanket that I got at a thrift store for $2.50, I plan to layer it on my Thanksgiving table and I think it just my end up our new Christmas tree skirt :-)

2 comments:

  1. DANG ami! loving the pocket idea and the "stick spray" over the mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally coveting your tartan blanket. Better keep it in a safe spot...I know where you live :)
    Everything looks great. Looks like you've been one busy bee!!

    ReplyDelete